Submitting an application for United States citizenship just got a little easier! United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) recently announced that applicants can now complete and file the following forms online – Form N-600 (Application for Certificate of Citizenship) and Form N-600K (Application for Citizenship and Issuance of Certificate Under Section 322). Learn more about filing USCIS online applications from the Miami immigration lawyers at Hubbs Law.
Criteria for Filing Each USCIS Form:
- Applicants can file Form N-600 to obtain a Certificate of Citizenship for themselves or their minor children if they were born and are claiming U.S. citizenship at birth through their parents or automatically became a U.S. citizen after birth, but before they turned 18 years old.
- Applicants can file Form N-600K if they regularly reside in a foreign country and want to claim U.S. citizenship based on their parents.
- Applicants must secure lawful admission to the U.S. to complete Form N-600K processing.
- Children of U.S. service members have separate requirements for naturalization under INA Section 322.
How Do I Submit an USCIS Application Online?
Filing an online application for Form N-600 and N-600K is easy. You must first create a USCIS online account, and through that account, you can securely and conveniently:
- Complete Form N-600 or N-600K
- Submit accompanying evidence
- Upload passport-style photos
- Pay the filing fee
- Respond to USCIS requests for evidence
- Monitor the status of their application
- Manage their contact information, including updating their address
Important Items to Note:
- Immigration attorneys and accredited representatives who have an online account can also file online for their clients and perform the above-listed functions.
- USCIS still accepts the latest paper version of Forms N-600 and N-600K. Because military service members do not pay a filing fee when submitting Form N-600 on their own behalf, they cannot currently file this application online.
Helpful Information and Tips:
- Forms N-600 and N-600k are two of the newest forms available for online submission. Click here for a complete list of all USCIS forms available for easy and convenient online filing.
- Have questions about the filing process? Click here for tips on how to file your online application.
- Need your application expedited? Click here for the criteria you must meet to quality for expediting.
- If you would like to check on the status of your application, click here for processing times.
- Use this online calculator to figure out exactly how much you will owe for filing fees.
At Hubbs Law firm in Miami, FL, we are dedicated to making the application process as easy as possible for immigrants and foreign aliens. If you wish to live legally in the United States or realize their dream of becoming a citizen, our immigration lawyers handle all visa, green card, and citizenship inquires and can navigate you through the complex process of immigration. For more information on how our South Florida law firm can help, please call us today at (305) 570-4802.