Miami Commercial DUI Defense Attorneys
Providing Personalized Legal Representation for Clients throughout Florida
What happens if you are accused of DUI or an alcohol related offense while in a commercial motor vehicle or with a commercial driver's license? Florida law does not allow a person disqualified from operating a commercial motor vehicle to obtain a hardship license to operate a commercial motor vehicle for either business or employment purposes.
If you were arrested for DUI in a commercial vehicle or as a CDL holder, contact an experienced criminal defense attorney at Hubbs Law. E.J. and Erika Hubbs can help you fight the charges so that you can protect your commercial driving privileges and your career as a commercial driver.
Call (305) 376-7178 today to speak to an experienced Miami commercial DUI defense attorney.
Disqualification of the Commercial Driver's License
Under Florida Statute Section 322.61, Florida law requires a one-year disqualification for alcohol-related convictions in a commercial motor vehicle (CMV) if convicted of any of the following offenses:
- Driving a commercial motor vehicle while in possession of a controlled substance
- Driving a commercial motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or controlled substance
- Refusing to submit to a test to determine the alcohol concentration while driving a commercial motor vehicle
- Driving a motor vehicle while he or she is under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance
- Driving a commercial motor vehicle with a blood-alcohol level of .04 or above
This one-year disqualification is in addition to any suspension or disqualification required for a DUI conviction under Florida Statute Section 316.193. A permanent disqualification is required for a second or subsequent conviction of any of the above offenses arising out of separate incidents from operating a commercial motor vehicle.
Contact a DUI Defense Attorney Today at (305) 376-7178
If you are facing DUI charges, your commercial motor vehicle license may be at risk. Contact the Miami commercial vehicle defense attorney from Hubbs Law Firm today for a free consultation. Our attorneys fight to protect the rights of clients and have the experience with DUI cases in the Miami area.
Contact us online or by phone at (305) 376-7178.